Academic Programs

IU Online can help you find information on more than 100 online programs.

go directly to program website

Higher Education and Student Affairs (Graduate Certificate)

Get Started button

If you are already working in student affairs but do not have a student affairs degree, you may be interested in learning more about the field, application of theory to practice, and the current issues and trends facing the profession. If so, the Certificate in Higher Education and Student Affairs can help. As a student in the program, you complete 12 hours of graduate credit. You take three core courses: an introduction to student affairs work in higher education, an introduction to college and university administration, and a course that discusses how student development theory is put into practice. In addition, you select a fourth course in the field of adult education. You will receive verification from the faculty upon successful completion of the certificate.

Program Contacts

Website: Higher Education and Student Affairs (Graduate Certificate)
Phone: 812.856.8372